After over a year of hard work and dedication, Hull won the bronze Sustainable Food Cities Award in 2019.
The Sustainable Food Cities Award signifies Hull’s journey to achieving a holistic food culture and implementing positive change in six key areas:
1. Promoting healthy and sustainable food to the public
2. Tackling food poverty, diet-related ill health and access to affordable healthy food
3. Building community food knowledge, skills, resources and projects
4. Promoting a vibrant and diverse sustainable food economy
5. Transforming catering and food procurement
6. Reducing waste and the ecological footprint of the food system
These key issues are reflected in our Hull Food Charter, which was created to gather support around the above matters and promote a more vibrant food culture in Hull.