We are looking for Veg Advocates for Hull – do you have what it takes? 21st October 2020
Hull Food Partnership is supporting Peas Please in their search for 100 Veg Advocates across the UK.
A Veg Advocate has a unique opportunity to change the food system and be part of a national cause. People’s voices, through partnership with Peas Please, will be effectively channelled to major businesses and organisations in the supply chain to challenge them to up their veg game.
We are looking for people who are:
- willing to share their story and experience of food
- keen to challenge the food system and champion veg
- looking to gain experience in food sector, learn new skills and gain confidence
- happy to be involved for between one to four years (up to 10 days spread over four years)
What will Veg Advocates get out of their involvement?
- Work with some of the leading food charities across the country on dietary inequality
- Pledger Site visits (e.g Aldi, Greggs, Tesco) with £10 voucher to spend in store
- Expenses to cover travel, food and accommodation when relevant
- Up to £200 to run a veg promotion activity
- For 10 selected Advocates up to £500 each for helping to evaluate the work in 2023
- Experience of Participatory Action Research
- Training and support throughout the experience
- Recognition for commitment in the form of a reward card and certificate
We would be especially interested if you are new to the food sector and/or if you feel like you can’t afford, or access as much veg as you would like. To find out more information on how you can get involved, please email email@example.com