Food Inequality Alliance
The Hull Food Inequality Alliance is part of the Food Power network and works within Hull Food Partnership with a specific emphasis on reducing levels of food poverty in the city.
Newly funded by RB the Hull Food Inequality Alliance will:
- Map and support the co-ordination of activity that helps those experiencing food poverty
- Develop a city-wide Food Equality Action Plan
- Initiate research into food inequality with the University of Hull
- Support the co-ordination of surplus food to where it can be most effective
- Investigate the COVID-19 response in Hull and what we can learn from it
- Oversee a small grant scheme for community projects addressing food inequality and financial exclusion in Hull
- Provide a voice for those experiencing food poverty, challenging inequality and support to access services that reduce financial stress
To find out more about Hull Food Inequality Alliance, contact us.